Access Self Storage
Accessible, affordable, friendly self storage in Utica, NY
Access Self Storage, in Utica, NY, is centrally located, with easy access from Route 12 (north / south arterial).
This is a family owned and operated business. You will not find a cleaner or better cared for site, to store your valuables. Please stop in, or give me a call and see for yourself what makes us different.
This facility is well-lit and surrounded by high security fencing protected by video surveillance and fence alarms. An electronically operated gate system maintains the private security of your storage unit. Each space has an individual door. You lock it. You keep the key. It all adds up to a safe, secure and private storage facility for you.
"My family and I will do everything in our power to make your storage experience a positive one." — Lesa Blanchard
From the NYS Thruway
- Take exit 31 Utica.
- Bear to the right as you get off the exit.
- Follow the signs to Rt12 South.
- Continue to Lomond Place exit, right after French Road.
- As you come off the exit ramp on your right, you will turn left into our parking lot.
- Note the large brown house, which is the office, in front of you.
- We are directly across from U-Haul; our buildings are blue and white.
From points North:
- Take Rt 12 South and exit on Lomond Place.
From points South:
- Take Rt 12 North and exit on French Road.
- At the bottom of the exit there is a traffic light.
- Go straight through that to the next light.
- From there you make a left turn (taking you in front of Home Depot.)
- You will make your next right turn onto Chenango Road (IHOP is on the corner).
- Follow Chenango until you reach first left turn, which is Lomond Place.
- You will see U-Haul on one side of the road and Access Self Storage on the other.
- The exit for French Road has three courtesy signs pointing out the direction to reach us.
Please do not hesitate to call (315) 733-2525 or use our contact form if you would like more detailed directions.
Here are some handy tips that can make your self storage experience a positive one.
Tips for choosing self-storage
- Phoning for prices is fine. However, before you commit to a rental, take a tour of the facility.
- Be certain the aisles are paved and plowed in the winter months.
- Make sure the facility you choose has driveways and aisles that can accommodate large moving vans.
- A well-lit facility is important for safety as well as convenience (check for interior lighting.)
- Be sure fencing surrounds the entire facility – and check for other security measures.
- A resident manager on the premises making daily inspections is a must.
Tips for storing your property
- Label boxes on all sides for easy identification.
- Make sure fragile boxes are placed on top of heavier, less delicate boxes.
- Better yet, invest in plastic containers that are sturdy and made for stacking.
- Use shelving to organize your items and fully utilize the height of your unit.
- Place frequently accessed items toward the front of your unit. Less frequently needed items and valuables should be placed toward the rear of the unit.
- Never store food items
- Boxes that are sealed with tape will prevent dust from entering.
- Covering upholstered furniture with sheets will keep dust from accumulating.
We have eight sizes to choose from, all the units are 8 feet high to facilitate stacking.
- 5X5 closet size, great for students or seasonal items
- 5X10 ideal for boxes or 1-2 rooms of stackable furniture (great for motorcycle storage)
- 10x10 holds a one bedroom apartment nicely. 3-4 rooms
- 10x15 is the size of a small one car garage. Good for about 5-6 rooms.
- 10x20 is the size of an average one car garage.
- 10x25 is perfect for small business, contractors, large homes, etc.
- 10x30 is huge!
- Parking spaces from 20 to 40 feet available.
Please call (315) 733-2525 or use our contact form for help choosing sizes or prices.